Welcome to the #1 Civic Si Forum and Civic Si community dedicated to Civic Si owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Si Forum today!

City
Encino
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Civic SI Sedan
Yesterday I purchased a 1 owner lease return 2022 SI with 31,970 miles from a local Acura dealership.
Car is in immaculate condition with no mods.
Exactly what I need/want, a white sedan with a trunk and manual gearbox.
This will be my daily driver.

My 2015 Ford Focus SE 1L 3cyl Turbo 6sp with 101,000 miles which was my daily driver for 5 yrs, is throwing a couple emissions codes, burning oil, and went into limp mode a couple of weeks ago.

I do not plan to do any mods to upgrade the performance.
I look forward to learning more about the car, so that I can get the best economy possible, as I enjoy the luxuries it has that my Focus did not have.

Would there be any MPG improvement for the following:
Replacing the stock air filter element with a lifetime K&N filter element?
Increasing the air pressure in the tires from the 32/33 shown in the Owner's Manual?

Owner's Manual states 91 octane is required for all manual transmission models.
I can certainly understand this for the Type R, what about the SI?

And if any of you are wondering why did I get an SI if all I care about is economy...
I spent a couple of days searching all over the Nation on the internet, a white sedan with a trunk and manual gearbox, and found only a handful.
Most were the Sport model and a couple of EX, but they were all a generation or more older than the current generation, the lowest 35,000+ miles, and the rest more miles up to 109,000 miles.
So finding this SI near me was a blessing for sure.

Thank you for your help.

Civic Si Posts